SCD's lower lobby, with its large step seating, rows of magnetic whiteboards, and tucked-away couches, is an excellent spot for students and faculty to meet, study, and work. Combined with the Amphitheater, this space makes up the open areas of the lower level, and can be host to events, poster sessions, and other activities.
The Lower Lobby is open 7am-12a daily
This space comes with Flexible seating and tables for up to 40, as well as couches and concrete benches for up to 60 more. The maximum capacity for this space is 150 and all activities must stay within this limit for the safety of all guests.
- 12 rolling tables
- 48 chairs on wheels
- 3 rolling whiteboards
- 20 wall-mounted whiteboards
- 6 high-back couches
- 1 conference table with seating for 6
- Built-in concrete seating/tables
This space does not have any equipment or technology that comes standard with the room. Equipment for presenting video can be requested through the Equipment Checkout or by working with our Concierge and AV Teams.
Here are a few ways this room could be used, and how many people you could comfortably fit into each of these setups.
- Standard Setup, collaboration groups, 60 people
- Lecture or presentation, 60 people (viewing is obstructed throughout the lower level, so a limited audience could view a presenter)
- Tabling event or trade show, 80 people
- Standing-room event or mixer, 100 people