Sunset Studio 1050
Located on the upper level, the Sunset Studio is a space dedicated to "resident" student groups and project teams, where residents can reserve lockers, book meeting spaces within the room, and collaborate with other residents on events and programming. The room is a shared studio, with open and flexible work spaces meant to encourage interaction and engagement among teams.
Sunset is also home to the Entrepreneurship Hub, where guests can learn more about entrepreneurship at Illinois and connect to resources and groups focused on supporting student startups.
The visible presentation area is limited to half of the room, and can seat up to 45 people. The entire space includes flexible seating and tables for up to 84. The maximum capacity for this space is 100 and all activities must stay within this limit for the safety of all guests.
- 12 desk-style tables and 12 standard tables on wheels.
- 72 chairs on wheels
- 2 meeting tables with 6 seats each.
- 8 rolling whiteboards
- 2 "HUT" meeting nooks
This equipment is standard with the room, and is available at all times when booking the space. Additional equipment can be requested through the Equipment Checkout or by working with our Concierge and AV Teams.
- Projector and 2 ceiling speakers with Mersive Solstice pods for wireless AV connection
- Roller shades and dimmable lighting
Here are a few ways this room could be used, and how many people you could comfortably fit into each of these setups.
- Lecture or presentation, 45 people (projector visibility is limited to half of the room, allowing up to 45 to be seated within range)
- Collaboration groups, 84 people
- Tabling event or trade show, 100 people